Eid Al-Fitr 2016 Prayer Details
Update: Eidul Fitr is on Wednesday, July 6, 2016 and is the first day of Shawwal. Read more here.
We ask Allah to make the last few days of Ramadan fruitful and blessed. We've been preparing for the Eid Al-Fitr prayer for a while now and we are excited to see you there, insha'Allah. The prayer will take place at NRG Center located at 1 NRG Park, Houston, Texas 77054 (Google map it). Although the prayer will start at 9:30 AM, the takbeerat will start at 7:30 AM. We would love for you to come as early as 7:30 if its possible. If you do, you will have a chance to win one of ISGH's Grand Door Eid gifts. Entry is limited so be there early. Gifts include airline tickets, iPad, Apple Watch, amongst other things.
Here is a few logistical details that you need to know about:
- Zakat-ul-Fitr is $10 per person and it's due before the prayer and it's due upon each Muslim (regardless of age). You can make your donation online here
- The prayer will take place in Exhibit Halls C&D. You can see their location in the map below.
- Parking $12 per vehicle. We highly encourage you to carpool and be environmentally friendly. You can purchase pre-paid parking at your Islamic Center.
- Please use the following parking lots: North Kirby lot (Off Kirby Drive CLOSER to Hall D) or North Fannin lot (Across from Hall C & D)
- Please use the entrance gates show in the map blow, and they are: Entrance Gate 1 (off Kirby Drive), Entrance Gate 2 (Holly Hall off Fannin) and Entrance Gate 3 (Naomi off Fannin)
- Baggage check will be done at the hall entrance.
- We assure you that adequate security measures, both visible and non-visible, have been taken in coordination with the HPD for the safe conduct of Eid-ul- Fitr prayer.
- Please be advised that distribution of any literature, flyers, business cards are strictly prohibited and no placards allowed. Any form of disturbance will be promptly stopped by HPD security officers.