- Bride and groom’s consent to marry
- Two Muslim witnesses
- Legal marriage documentation from the State of Texas.
- Obtain Marriage License from your local County Court House (Harris, Fort Bend, Montgomery).
Things to know:
- A County Marriage License is valid for 30-90 days from date of issue (depending on which county you received the license from).
- There is usually a fee to obtain a Marriage License. Please contact your County Clerk’s Office for fees and requirements.
- Marriage License is NOT valid for FIRST 72 hours from the time and date of issue.
- You can either fill out the form to the left or Call ISGH at (713) 524-6615 for an appointment with Imam
- ISGH requires a week notice for Nikkah services
- Obtain ISGH “Marriage Certificate” by calling Main Center Office at (713) 524-6615.
- ISGH Marriage Services are FREE. However a donation of $100 is suggested. Donations should be made to ISGH directly.
- The Marriage License and Marriage Certificate must be signed by all concerned and dated.
- The original documents,(Marriage License and Marriage Certificate), must be submitted to the Main Center Office after Nikkah is performed.
- The Office will validate Marriage Certificate with ISGH Seal.
- Return the Marriage License to the county to record marriage. It will be mailed back to the married couple.